Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Maximilian Shows Off His Dr. Who Scarf. (32" Steiff Teddy Bear.)


[Post By Maximilian.] Dear Diary, Today I was helping CJ clean out the closets. She has lots of interesting things stored in there. One thing that I was very excited to see was this cool neck scarf. CJ told me that it was her Dr. Who scarf! I love Dr. Who! She said that in the late 1970's, Tom Baker played Dr. Who, and he had a long trailing knitted neck scarf. The color of his scarf was brown and orange. CJ said that she wanted a scarf like it herself, only she doesn't like orange. Also, her jacket at the time was blue, so she decided to make her scarf blue, with black, white and tan. She made it as long as she could, but not so long that it would hang down beneath her jacket. I think it's funny to think of her wearing this scarf and thinking of Dr. Who! She let me try it on, and said it looked so stunning on me that I could keep it! How great is that? Now all I need is a Tardis and a Sonic Screwdriver and I'll be ready to time travel with the Time Lords. Here's a photo of me wearing the scarf. Aren't I handsome? Next to me is the little Bliss Doll House Replica called Teddy Towers that the Tiny Teddies live in. You can see how small the house is, and compared to my size, you can imagine how tiny the little bears really are. I'm 32" tall, and they are only 3 1/2" tall. They would fit in my open paw. So anyway, CJ's happy to have a clean closet, and I'm happy to add something to my wardrobe, and a one-of-a-kind item it is too! Well, time for bed now, Dear Diary...Good-Night. *Maximilian*

2 comments:

Lynda (Granny K) said...

You look a right bobby-dazzler in that scarf, Max! :o)

Carol Jean / Lovethemsteiff said...

Hi Lynda, That sounded funny, but I have to admit, in America I'd never heard the term Bobby-Dazzler before, so I looked it up at Wikipedia. Here is what it said...
"The term bobby dazzler is a Lancashire term for someone who is strikingly-dressed." So now I see what you mean! Ha Ha. Max thinks that's very funny. Thanks for commenting. Bear Hugs, Carol Jean and Max.