Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Hello! I'm Quirky The Bear, The Blog's New Assistant Editor.



Hello! I'm Quirky the Bear and I'm nine inches tall. I'm a replica of an old bear from around 1915 that belongs to the collection of Teddy Bears of Witney in England. Carol Jean thinks I'm very funny and wise, and she loves to take me everywhere with her in her purse. I was created from orange and green distressed Mohair plush to make me look as much like my Grand-Dad as possible. You can see from the first photo of me, with his picture, how much I resemble him. I'm stuffed with straw and look very old, but actually I have many good years in front of me. I see a good deal with my wooden eyes, and am a great keeper of secrets because I have no mouth. The second photo is of me looking forward to last month's Trick-Or-Treating. I collected quite a lot of treats in my pumpkin. Carol Jean was afraid I would make myself sick eating all that Candy Corn, but I had to remind her that Teddy Bears eat a lot of Honey, and that's VERY sweet! (I communicate with CJ by telepathy. She understands everything I think! And I understand her pretty well too!) She says that I can help her keep this Blog going, as Assistant Editor, as some of the jobs are a little large for the Tiny Teddies to handle. For one thing, I'm better at typing than they are, because my paws are bigger! So it's been nice meeting you all, and you can expect to see me from time to time, sharing what goes on in the world of Teddy Bear Blogging. Teddy Bear Greetings, Quirky The Bear.

9 comments:

Lynda (Granny K) said...

Hi Quirky! Pleased to meet you. My bears use telepathy too!
I've added a new link in the sidebar under 'Beary Nice Sites' on the FC of Bears blog. I think you and CJ might enjoy a visit. It's a fairly new site called 'McBears' - Enjoy!

Vera said...

Hi Quirky, you are an absolutely lovable little bear. I know that you take care of my dear friend Carol Jean! Hugs and kisses, Vera (from Vienna, Austria)

B.T.Bear (esq.) said...

Hallo Quirky! Gosh, yu look eevn older than Mr Grunter. I don't think I've ever tolkt to a Bear as aynchent an reveerd as yu. I bet yu cud tell sum grayte storys!

I think yu shud put a coat on. YU look a bit shivery.

:@D

Carol Jean / Lovethemsteiff said...

HI Bob T. Bear (esq.) It's nice to hear from you. Yes, I have a lot of stories to tell. You're right about my needing to put on a coat. I have some clothes and it's time to take them out of the trunk. Then I'll have to model them for Carol Jean to take photos of. I like to wear clothes, and I know you do too, when it's cold. Stop by again some time. Beary Best Wishes, Quirky The Bear.

Bumpkin Bears said...

Hi Quirky, you make a very special as. editor I am sure :) Pop along to my blog for a special launch party and giveaway! Hugs, Catherine and the bears xx

Detlef Becher said...

Hello my dear friend Carol Jean, you did a great job with this Blog! Not only with this article, but also with the whole page! It was throughout amusing to watch it!
All the best and a big bear hug,
Detlef from Germany.

Carol Jean / Lovethemsteiff said...

Hello Lynda, Vera, Catherine, and Detlef...I'm so glad you all stopped by. The Teddy Bears send their greetings. Bear Hugs, Carol Jean

Anonymous said...

Hello Quirky.
I have the same bear like you are but than the antique version. Not in 9 inch but in 35 cm (about 15 inch) He is very old. He is exact the same bear a the antique quirky from teddybears of witney but than in a bigger size.

greetings from Holland
Caroline

Carol Jean / Lovethemsteiff said...

Hello Caroline, That's very interesting about you having a large sized Quirky. I'd love to see a photo of him. I'd also like to know what company made him and where, if you have any information about him. Thanks for stopping by, Carol Jean