Thursday, October 23, 2008

"Threadbear" My Vintage Steiff Teddy Bear.

"Threadbear" is a Vintage 1950's Steiff Teddy Bear. I purchased him at an Antique show where he charmed everyone who saw him. You can tell that he was very loved at one time, because his body has taken on a curve from being held in his child's arms every night, and his cheek fur has worn thin from being held against some one's chest. He's been hugged and squeezed, but never abused. His felt foot pads show where hands have stroked them away, showing the straw filling underneath. His expression is one of patience. He's had most of his fur loved away and his voice box no longer makes a sound. He is very beautiful to me and he's especially so placed here among my glass paperweight collection on my patio table. Fall leaves mingle with the glass to make an unusual arrangement. I hope it brings a smile to your face today. ~Bear Hugs, Carol Jean~

2 comments:

Lynda (Granny K) said...

He's lovely Carol Jean! and how good he looks amongst the leaves and the paperweights.
He is a treasure amongst your treasures! :o)

Anonymous said...

Cute! All teddy collectors need a doctor from time to time, especially if they get to be too threadbare of a bear :)! I suggest "Dr." E. of Imaginary Friends http://www.stuffedtoyvet.com