Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Guess Who This Sweet Little Bear Is!? (Celebrity Bear)

Look at this Sweet Little Bear...do you recognise him? It's the actual bear belonging to Mr. Thurston Howell The Third, from The Gilligan's Island Television Show! His name was Teddy! I can remember Mr. Howell sleeping with Teddy tucked up under his chin, pressed tightly to his chest, as he confided in Teddy's sympathetic ear. He was a great comfort to him, no matter what was going wrong on that island. I think it's funny to think of this powerful man, boarding that little boat, The Minnow, carrying his suitcase full of money, with his teddy bear tucked safely inside. ~Carol Jean~

4 comments:

Lynda (Granny K) said...

I always watched Gilligan's Island in the 60's, I loved it and I think I was a bit 'in love' with Gilligan at the time! Watching the intro really made me smile! thank you!

lovethemsteiff said...

Hi Lynda, I'm glad you liked it! It made me smile too. I miss that show and those people. Funny how when you watch a show long enough, the people start to feel like family, isn't it? I guess I always liked the Skipper. A big teddy bear sort of a guy who would protect me. There I go again...teddy bears! Take care, Lovethemsteiff

Jan Dillon said...

I have the same teddy bear that Thurston Howell III had. My teddy bear is now 60 years old. I'd like to know what company made the bear and is there any place who sells a reproduction. Thank you!
Reply to jdillonathome@gmail.com

Gilligan fan said...

Nope, not the real bear from the show. Sorry. Search screen used images and yours doesn't match. It should have a rubber muzzle for starters. Completely a different shape and make of bear.