Thursday, August 07, 2008

This Is A Cubby Gund Bear From The 1950's.


Radar O'Reilly and I had similar Teddy Bears. They were Cubby Gund Bears. Here's a photo of one type of bear that they made. The bear that Radar holds in the photo below, (my last post), has a rubber-plastic type face with paint on it. I believe mine did too, even though you can't see it in the picture, because I can remember cupping my hand around his nose. Radar's bear wore a Yellow ribbon around his neck. I think mine wore Red. (I just wonder if the reason Radar's bear had a Yellow ribbon had anything to do with the song that was popular at the time, "Tie a Yellow Ribbon 'Round The Old Oak Tree." The song went on to say that it would be a sign that they wanted him to come home. I imagine that Radar thought a lot about going home, so maybe that was symbolic to Mr. Burghoff. If anyone can find this out for me I'd sure like to know.) Lovethemsteiff

No comments: