Friday, August 15, 2008

Theodore Thinks About Life...


Dear Diary, Today I took a little sail boat out on the ocean by myself and just let it drift. It was peaceful and I had a lot of time to think. I realized that we can make our lives into anything we want them to be within the framework of what's been given us by Life or God or the Universe. We have talents and opportunities to do so many things. I read in a book somewhere once, "Create a life for yourself that's meaningful and live there." I think it's not so much a place as it's a state of mind. I realized I don't have to be on a tropical island to find peace and contentment. It has to be carried around inside of me or it isn't real. I'll take that knowledge away from here when I leave this week. I'm glad I came to visit Percy, but I'll also be glad to go home. I found some beautiful shells today. I think I'll take them to Flocks. She'll think they're pretty. Good-Night, Diary. Theodore.

No comments: