Thursday, August 14, 2008

"My Buddy Norman", In Ribbons...?


This is a bear I named "My Buddy Norman". He's an artist made bear I purchased at a Toy Show in Iowa from a Teddy Bear collector who was thinning out his collection. I don't know for sure who made him, but he looks just like photos of bears made by Jeanette Warner from Washington. He's made of sparse mohair to make him look old, and stuffed with wood wool. I think he resembles the Classic Vintage Steiff bears that I love so much. The other day I was looking for some red ribbon for one of my other bears, and started tying this on Norman to see how it would look. It was so funny, I just had to tie all of it on him, and now he looks like Carmelita Jones. I love the effect, but I'm not so sure what he thinks about it! Sometimes you just have to play! *Lovethemsteiff*

No comments: