Sunday, August 31, 2008

A Grouping Of Steiff Teddy Bear Friends.


Here is a grouping of Steiff friends awaiting a photo shoot. In the back row from left to right is a 13 inch 1950's Classic Steiff named "Gideon" after the boy who first owned him. All of the toys in this grouping are made of Mohair Plush and stuffed with straw. The middle bear in the back row is 13 inch "Constant O'Malley", so named because he's my Constant Companion and I received him on St. Patrick's Day, so I thought he should have an Irish name. Every year he joins my family and myself on St. Patrick's Day for a dinner of Corned Beef and Cabbage. We all wear something green. Constant O'Malley wears a permanent Shamrock pin in his right ear for luck. Here he's also wearing one of my hair scrunchies covered with pins of different kinds I've collected. Click on this photo to see a larger version of it and see his collar. Other days he wears vintage handkerchiefs as bandannas to match the seasons or my outfit. He has lovely wavy, silky hair and has a tilt growler, which makes a friendly growl when he's tipped over. He's a very good friend of mine, and he's seen me through some of my darkest days. The 10 inch bear on the right is a 1906 style, Margaret Strong Museum Replica Bear named "Goldie" from the 1980's. In front of him is a 10 inch Artist bear named "Charlie". I'm sorry, but I don't know who made him. To the left is a Steiff Tapsy Kitty and to the left again is a Steiff dog, I believe his style name is Basie. Altogether, they're a fine grouping of friends. *Lovethemsteiff*

~"DON'T BE AFRAID TO EXPLORE PLAYFUL PLEASURES IN YOUR LIFE. LET THEM SPILL OUTSIDE THE BOUNDS OF YOUR LEISURE AND WORK, YOUR HOME AND OFFICE, YOUR SCHOOL AND CHURCH. LET THEM PERMEATE YOUR LIFE."~Luci Swindoll~

4 comments:

Vera said...

What a lovely group of valuable teddy bears and animals! I like your way of describing them: I can feel how much you love them! Thank you for sharing. By the way: can you help me? I am looking for the picture with the Panda Bears on it! I am just unable to find it! Wanted to add a comment, failed, but would like to comment anyway. Love, Vera (from Vienna, Austria)

Vera said...

Hi Carol, I wanted to add a comment on The Teddy Bears' Picnic, but there was no button. Thus I write it here! I liked the viseo so much - there is a Panda Bear, too :-) And I liked the China cup and plate! Thank you for sharing!

Lynda (Granny K) said...

I see that your bears like to wear pins, like mine do!

lovethemsteiff said...

Hi Vera, I'm glad you're enjoying reading The Teddy Bear Diaries and learning about my bears. I appreciate your leaving such kind comments. I see you are having trouble finding an old post. Here's what you should do...at the top of the Homepage is a place to search for whatever...type in Panda, and you'll find what you are looking for. Take care, Bear Hugs, ~Lovethemsteiff~

And lynda (Granny K), Yes, my teddy bears have quite a collection of pins that they wear.