Friday, August 15, 2008

Flocks, A Vintage 1910 Miniature Steiff Bear Enters The Flower Show...


Dearest Diary, I'm so excited to tell you...today I entered my nicest Hollyhock Blossom in the Riverside Garden Club's Annual Flower Show, and guess what? I won First Place! I'm so thrilled! Eugenia Sims has always rivaled me in the Hollyhock Division, but this year my blossom was so much larger and prettier than hers, it was obvious there really was no contest at all. I saw her strolling by my house the other day, peeking over the fence to see if she could see my plants, but I had an idea she might do that so I planted it back behind the garage. She never saw it there, so it was a complete surprise when I brought the flower to the show today. You could just see she was pea-green with envy. But of course, you know how modest I am. I just pretended that I didn't notice. Anyway, it was a glorious day and one I'll never forget. The money raised from the flower show will be given to the Red Cross this year to help with the war effort. As the principle contributor, I was awarded this lovely pin as a token of appreciation by the Red Cross. I will wear it proudly always. Good-night, Dearest Diary, *Flocks*

No comments: